Sunday, May 26, 2013

Countdown to PH & Money!

We're on our 1st of many countdowns towards getting our girls home! Our Preliminary Hearing (PH) is set for this Friday May 31.  That's only 5 days! At this hearing they will review our girls' file & officially deam them orphans so they may be adopted. From what we've heard, no news is good news after this hearing. We will hopefully hear something 1-2 weeks after this with our travel date. We could have a few days notice or a few weeks. It varies. Also at or shortly after this hearing MOWA (who is like our children's service) will review OUR file & give their approval for us to adopt these precious girls. We are praying this goes smoothly & quickly. We are praying there are no problems, delays or follow up questions. Praying they do not have ANY issues with Jeremy's health & that they will simply look at the medical letter that says he is fit to parent & leave it at that, no additional questions. Will you commit to praying the same? We are praying that we will travel by the end of June. We can't wait to meet our girls. I can't wait to have them in my arms. To hug them & kiss them to pieces! I can't wait to see all their little features. Learn their personalities. But I am NOT looking forward to leaving them for 3-4 months. That will be the worst thing in my life! I'm trying not to think about that part.

Also just wanted to give a recap of our fundraising. God has provided non stop throughout this adoption. I could never have imagined that this would go as quickly & smoothly as it has. It seems like it's been forever but it's only been about a year since the very beginning & in the adoption world that is very quick. God has provided all of the money that we needed when we needed it! We got a $6,000 Grant from Show Hope the week before we got our referral. We just got a $7500 Grant from Gift of Adoption Fund last week in time for our travel! We only need about $1800 or so for the remainder of our adoption expenses. That is just amazing! Some of the costs are estimated & won't know for sure for a while but I have no doubt God will provide this money when we need it!

Thank you all for your love & support! I will try to keep you all updated. Also if you haven't been following since the beginning I do want to apologize for my writing skills. I am NOT a writer & never claim to be. I just want to keep you all up to date on our adoption. Thanks for baring with me!

Also if you didn't see it on Facebook, here's our girls cute feet! (I can't wait until I can post their faces on here!)

Chelsea is on the left & Lina is on right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment