Sunday, September 29, 2013

Prayers

Many of you have asked what's going on with our adoption & when we can bring our daughters home.  I will try to let you know without complaining TOO much but it's hard at this point!

What are we waiting on now?
We are waiting on one piece of paper to be signed, picked up, translated, submitted & cleared.  Sounds simple enough, right?  So far it's been almost 2 weeks so it's really not as simple as it sounds unfortunately.

How can you pray?
Of course the number one prayer is for God's Will to be but also praying that God will have mercy and allow this to happen IMMEDIATELY for all of us!  There have been so many ups & downs, hope & hopelessness, tears, depression, stress, sickness just in the last few weeks and it continues to get worse & worse.  Please pray that the person that needs to sign this form is in the office tomorrow (tonight there) & signs the form FIRST thing in the morning. (as they were out Wednesday & Thursday last week)  This is 2 hours away from the city so our director has to drive & pick up the form 2 hours there & 2 hours back.  Then the form has to be submitted for translation.  Praying somehow he gets back in time to get that started tomorrow as well but Tuesday morning at the very latest.  The translation should take about a day & then it can be submitted to the US Embassy for approval.  Another HUGE prayer request is that this form is accepted & approved no questions asked without having to be approved by the local government office as is the norm.  That office is CLOSED until MID-OCTOBER!  Please Lord DO NOT make us wait that long!  We are praying that it is accepted & they clear us EARLY Wednesday morning in time for us to schedule our embassy appointment so we can fly out WEDNESDAY night!  YES, we plan to leave as soon as we clear.  It has been TOO long without OUR children!  It is time to bring them home & begin the attachment process!

You see, I started my FMLA last Monday so I have been off of work all week WITHOUT pay & that is important time that is supposed to be used for working on attaching to our girls & getting used to things before heading back to work.  Every day that goes by is another day less that I will have to spend with them during that important time. 

I'm sorry for driving everyone crazy these last few weeks but I have been going CRAZY!  This is complete torture!  Even though I didn't give birth to them they ARE my children & it is awful being away from them for so long.  If you haven't been through this you can't fully understand but just try to imagine leaving your biological child on the other side of the world for several months & not being able to see them, hold them, touch them, keep in contact with them.  It's miserable! 

Don't get me wrong, I don't regret this AT ALL.  I would do this all over again for my daughters but that doesn't make this any easier or make me like the process.   I know God has his own timing, but honestly I don't want to hear it.  Sorry but I don't.  It doesn't make me feel any better.  I know you have all the best intentions in the world when you tell me this, I do.  I "know" that already but I am just begging God to have mercy and allow them to come home!  Please let us clear WEDNESDAY & fly out WEDNESDAY night!  I don't think that's too much to ask after more than 3 months without our children.

We do appreciate your love & support.  Please keep praying that we can have them home right away.  I can't wait for everyone to meet them!  You will fall in love with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment