Wednesday, March 20, 2013

It's a Girl!!! (x2)

We are excited to announce that we received & accepted a referral for twin girls that are 2 months old! We received a surprising call on Monday night!!!

So back up a little. Our dossier arrived in Ethiopia on February 25th & we were officially added to the list at that time. We were #11 on the HIV waiting list. We were originally told 6-9 months for a referral. We were originally requesting a child 0-12 months either gender & open to a sibling of the opposite gender up to 3 years old. Then a week or 2 ago we decided we should open our parameters to 1 or 2 children 0-4 years old of either gender or 1 of each if there were 2. We felt God wanted us to be more open. Our agency then told us the expected 4-8 months for a referral.

Last week we received a $6,000 grant from Show Hope for our adoption. I was so excited about this & had in the back of my mind that maybe we got it because something was coming sooner! I tried to tell my self to stop thinking that because it was so early. It stayed in my mind for several days. Monday all day I kept feeling like something was coming but again tried to talk myself out of getting my hopes up. I had butterflies in my stomach & was nervous for some reason.

Then Monday night at 7:01pm I received a call from a long distance # I didn't recognize. I don't always answer the phone if I don't know the number but I did. I don't fully remember the conversation but I remember our caseworker Koni was on the phone & said it was Koni. I had never actually spoken to her only emailed her so didn't know how her name was pronounced. I thought it was Cone-E but it's pronounced like Connie so it threw me off. She said she was with West Sands. I started getting so nervous because I didn't know any other reason she would call me! She said she had Sheila on the phone who is the director. They started talking to me about our paperwork just being done & our criteria. They asked about how much money we had & when we would be ready for a referral. I told her how much we had but that we would find the money if it came before. She then told me she wanted to tell me about twin girls that were 2 months old. She just told me a little bit of information on them but not much. She said there was no obligation but just wanted to offer us the referral. Well, Jeremy wasn't home at the time. He was guest speaking at a broadcasting school at that time. I told her I would try to get a hold of him & get back with her before she sent any pictures. I didn't want to get my hopes up too much or promise anything without talking to him. I was shaking like crazy. My face was blood red. The whole time we were on the phone Jack was screaming because he wanted his pancake that took 10 seconds in the microwave, then wanted a fruit cup, then wanted another. I was shoving things in his face to keep him quiet so I could hear the phone! As soon as I got off the phone I sent him a text to call me AS SOON as he got done! I waited for what seemed like an eternity but was only like 20-30 minutes. Then he called me. I told him the news & asked what he thought. He said let's go for it. He was going to be home in 15-20 minutes. I wanted to wait to call Sheila back to send us pictures until he got home because otherwise I wouldn't have been able to wait to look at them if they arrived. As soon as we got home I called her & she gave me a little more information on them now that she knew we were interested. Then she sent us their pictures & file. We set up the laptop on the table & set up the video camera to capture the moment. Jack sat on my lap so we could all look together. Jeremy pulled up the email & we saw our precious beautiful baby girls for the 1st time. I thought I would cry but I was still in such shock & shaking! Jack pointed & we had him blow them kisses. After we put him to bed we made calls to family to let them know the amazing news! Everyone was also in shock & so excited. I wish we could post their pictures but until we pass court we are not allowed to post them publicly on the internet. We can however show them to you individually and are more than happy to show them off! They are beautiful & tiny! They are preemies so they're still small but appear to be doing very well now!

The problem... we needed to raise another $10,450 within 10 days to accept our referral! Seems impossible right??? Well God had other plans! We raised $8849 in 24 hours!!!! This clearly showed this WAS God's plan & he WAS providing the money! I was just blown away by the support from friends, family & strangers! As of this moment we have raised $9354.55!

So what now? Once we complete raising this portion of fees we will be submitted to court. We will travel to meet our daughters for the first time in about 3 months. At that time we will attend court where they will hopefully be pronounced “ours” legally! We will need about another $5,000 before we travel for this trip. Most people find out they are traveling within days or hours of when they need to hop on a plane. Last week several people found out their court date like 3 weeks ahead of time but from what I've seen that is extremely unusual. The norm seems to be 2-3 days! That is from the time we get the call to when we hop on the plane! We will have to contact our travel agent immediately to arrange airfare! We will be there about a week & unfortunately return to the U.S. WITHOUT THEM! According to Ethiopian Government we are their parents but the US Embassy doesn't recognize that & won't allow them in the US yet. They will do their own investigation, medical clearance, etc. This process takes about 2-4 months. Then we will receive another call that they have been cleared & come home! We will then return & bring them home forever! We will need about another $5000 for that trip. So even after we raise this current money we are still in need of $10,000+ but have no doubt that God will provide that as well!

For now we are still requesting donations & lots of prayers! We have a Facebook-a-thon going on requesting people to spread the word to all of their friends & family to give just $5 or $10. We are still selling sheets! (If you haven't checked these out, they really are amazing! I'm not just saying that to get you to buy them) We are trying out a scarf fundraiser. We have someone offering a great deal on a cut & color gift certificate & sharing profit with us. We have had many other ideas from people for fundraisers!

Ok, I think I've made you read enough for now! Thank you all for your love & support for our family! We can never show how truly grateful we are!

No comments:

Post a Comment